Along the beautiful Jinji Lake, it’s not rare to see a few cyclists passing by like a gust of wind. Look at the professional suit and helmets, especially the cool fashionable bike with a unique style, you just can’t take your eyes off them!
In the fashion world, there is a cycle where many things of a certain vintage may return as a new trend. Cycling is a gold example. In the 80s, the bike was the main vehicle, as a replacement for walking, and China become known as the “kingdom of bicycles”. Nowadays, with the development of a sound transportation system and the ownership of cars, people don’t cycle as much. And the popularity of e-bike also reduces the number of cyclists. While time proves that cycling is part of a healthy low-carbon lifestyle, more and more people are tending to join the local clubs for cycling and to bring the original fun of cycling back.
Cycling for leisure in Suzhou.
In Suzhou, there are plenty of cycling clubs for all kinds of people, mostly office workers and students. Some of the members knew each other online while others met in the club. They may be in different industries, at different ages, come from different places, but there is one thing in common – they all love cycling. On weekends or in the evenings after work or study, everyone in the club usually receives a message containing the place and time for gathering. After examining the bike, getting a bottle full of water and wearing a helmet ,one rides to the appointed place. An exciting cycling journey waits. Of course, there is also someone who would like to ride his or her own. The cyclists call them “smuggling”. Normally, those people can choose their own routes, and ride wither fast or slow with more flexibility. However, group cycling is relatively safer, and along the way, cyclists can catch up a little chat, which makes cycling more casual, comfortable and interesting.
Cycling for Health in Suzhou.
Mr. Li is a member of the cycling club. He used to be more like most epode, working from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and had to work overtime sometimes, which left him little time for exercise but tiredness. One day, Li’s 5-year old daughter touched his belly and called him Santa Clause. He suddenly realised that he’d been too busy with work, while neglected his health. But after he was introduced to the cycling club, Li has felt much better after some strenuous cycling.
According to scientific research, cycling has several benefits for health:
1) For your heart: Cycling is associated with improved cardiovascular fitness, and a decrease in risk of coronary heart disease.
2) For your muscles: Riding a bike is great for toning and building your muscles, especially the lower half of the body – your calves, your thighs, and your rear end. It’s also a great low-impact mode of exercise for those with joint conditions or injuries to the legs or hips, which might keep them from being active.
3) For your waistline: You can burn a lot of calories while biking, especially when you cycle faster than a leisurely pace, and cycling can help to keep weight gain down, with the added benefit of ramping up your metabolism, even after the ride is over.
4) For your mental health: Riding a bike has been linked to improved mental health.
5) For your immune system: Cycling can strengthen your immune system, and could protect against certain kinds of cancers.
Cycling for Style in Suzhou.
When most people are showing off the cars they drive, the enthusiastic cyclists are competing with each other not just in speed. ‘Fully equipped’ is the premise of cycling. From head to toe, the helmet, sunglasses, jersey, gloves, shorts and a pair of cycling shoes are not only necessary for the concern of safety, but also showcase the unique styles of the cyclists in various patterns and designs.
But the most impressive one is no doubt the bike. The cyclists are crazy about how to select a bike and how to improve it. Even though a car is bought at a pretty expensive price, there’s always room for improvement. For the example, the weight of a bike can be reduced by changing the iron handlebars to carbon fibre ones, replacing the tires with narrower ones or changing the 12 speed derailleur to 18 speed derailleur. Of course, the changes cost a lot of money as well. But it can be a way of showing your personality and taste. As life is getting better, it’s not a bad idea to pick up a fashionable habit that is both health and fun.